Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Never appologize for being you!





Never apologize for being sensitive or emotional .... story of my life. I get a big smile out of this, I think our world is understanding people better, and how we function , think, act , love and feel. there has been a stereotype of what a man and woman should be.
Men: the typical man, is still believed to be, tall, angular faced, rough , outdoorsy, addicted to sports and doesn't know how to communicate or be domestic.
Women: tender, flowing of emotions, subtle , quiet, fragile, and sensitive. timid, homemaker , all things lacy and porcelain.

well how many of us truly fit into that category?  maybe a portion but certainly not all.

I have come to know, that there are many different types of masculine and femine. I believe inherently that being male and female are important and masculinity and femininity are important. But i feel what isn't so important is the way our unique masculine and feminine is expressed.

I will use me as an example. I am very soft , even my physical features are soft, i am not a tall super athletic, man, i enjoy sports but I don't run my life around them. I love a good chick flick , long talks about life, romance, i learned how to crochet while serving a  mission for my church , cooking is great. I do cry at sentimental things,  I rather enjoy pinterest. Along with other manly things, i ride horses, i farm and do yard work but I am not seen in the worlds eyes as the typical man. I would judge this part of my life harshly . I felt as though i weren't something of value. or would ever have my place in the world. i would bee.... looked down on.

then i was introduced to a new way of thinking about myself. ... namely who's to say i am less than just because i don't fit into that mold?  I think that i would make a great husband and father.I imagine my wife would like me to be able to connect with her on how to cook a certain food or in fact if the "sliced cucumber " wall paint looks good or not. I have learned to love who I am , i am more emotionally available for other people including my future wife, and children.

In turn you must take that same philosophy , Love who you are , it doesn't make you any less of a person. God knows who you are and loves you for that so you might as well love yourself too!

If you area  get it done kind of woman, GREAT! don't change you still are a wonderful expression of feminine and we NEED you in this world! IF you are a sensitive , detail ,emotion oriented man, Awesome we need you too!

Lets change this thinking and I believe we will see a change in how we feel about ourselves and interact as a world.

No comments:

Post a Comment