Sunday, April 15, 2012

Sentinels


I Christopher Allen Cook, dedicate my life to be a sentinel of truth and light, and vow to help hold the light to all, by sharing my light, and showing others where they can find it as well. 

In my high school days I spent a lot of time being involved in the FFA organization, part of that time was spent as an officer at the State Organization level; my position on the team was the Sentinel. For those familiar with the FFA you know that the sentinel is " Stationed by the door" the sentinel is responsible for helping maintain order and caring for all who enter in through the door. In the past they were called the watchdog, this thrilled me as I learned more about what sentinels are. 
Sentinels are the guardians, protectors and barriers, between right and wrong, good and bad, Light.... and dark. 
I have had a dream, a aspiration, to help the young people of the world, to have the courage to stand against the darkness... this darkness is so very prevalent today, and its scary if we stand alone, all alone, but with the light we don't have to stand alone.

I have thought long and hard about how I want this to work, whether or not I should devout a lot of time speaking about Jesus Christ, but I have to be true to my beliefs and truth. So to be true to what really shatters the darkness, we need and must speak of Christ, because he is the light and life of the world. The path, and we as his followers must pick up our shields and swords and become the sentinels, the protectors and defenders of his gospel and his light.

It is my hope to unite, with all believers in the light, to defend it and to speak out against the evils that are abundant in our world, so we can stand strong and not see our brothers and sisters perish in the dark.


I ask you if you feel the same to join me and stand for the light.

No comments:

Post a Comment